Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gallista "Martin Arrevalo"..."Puro Gallo"

My cousin Martin Arrevalo passed away last Monday July 28, 2008, one day after his birthday. He fought cancer for nine years after being told he only had maybe four years to live. Martin was not a big person but he had a big heart (Corazon de Gallo) always willing to help you if he could. Martin like many Mexican Americans/Chicano's came from humble beginnings, he had Eleven brothers and sisters. Martin served in Vietnam and faught for this counrty, (he was a proud Marine) like many of our Chicano young men and women are still doing in other places.


When I openned Puro Gallo Gallery Martin and his wife Bee surprised me with a cake. It had Puro Gallo on the top of the cake my logo and Joe Lopez. Martin like many of my friends would tell me how proud he was of me. I am proud to say that he was my comarada y mi Primo, he was a true "Gallista" y Puro Gallo! We will miss him.


Joe Lopez

No comments: